Monday, April 6, 2009

Saw dust actually doesn't taste so bad after awhile.

The varnish on the "time-out" step in my house had worn bare and the entire staircase needed to be refinished. If I had known what the reality of this project would be, I would have moved out for the weekend and had someone in to do it.... but I didn't and we took on the task ourselves. I say ourselves, and although I did help, I have to admit Chris and my father-in-law did most of the work. I however can go on record stating I did most of the clean up and what ajob that was! Walls, windows and furniture were covered (and I mean covered) in yellow dust.... for weeks!! The chandelier had some cobwebs on it that became more noticeable as the dust settled. We had sawdust up our noses and in our mouths... Just when I thought I had dusted the house from top to bottom one day, it would be covered in yellow dust that had settled the next day. This went on and on for weeks and weeks. The up side to it all however, is that my staircase is gorgeous again and looks shiny and new. Lets hope it stays that way for a long time because when it needs refinishing again, say in another 20 years, I'm so moving out for the weekend!

About Me

My photo
Life-long Vegetarian and proud to be Canadian. Really, I'm a little bit of everything, all rolled into one. I'm a bitch, I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a mother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint (I do not feel ashamed) I'm your hell, I'm your dream (I'm nothing in between) You know, I wouldn't want it any other way..... (I'd like to think that song was written about me! lol)