Friday, July 17, 2009

Susie & Jenn + Ten


ABOVE: My group of seven.

It seems whenever I meet up with my friend Susie we have an abundance of children with us. Either I have 5 and she has 5 or if she just has her own 3, then thats the day I end up with 7.... regardless we call them "Susie & Jenn + 1o" days. It's what our lives have become and we wouldn't want it any other way. Our children are growing up together.
There was a time I recall way back when (pause for a moment as I drift down memory lane) when Susie and I were young, unmarried and childless. Neither of us were ever bad-ass kids but we did have our fun. In high school we had a few classes together and the most memorable was definitely German class. I'm embarrassed to say this but I think we may have been the cause of Frau B's nervous breakdown..... seriously. (We did earn an OAC in Deutsch Klasse though!)
As I look at our own children now I wonder what friends they will have, what sort of teenagers will they be and what kind of person will they become? My hope for them is that they have as much fun on their journeys through life as Susie and I are having and that they find life long friends along the way. Hey, if they all turn out to be like her & I, then they'll have done alright in life.

About Me

My photo
Life-long Vegetarian and proud to be Canadian. Really, I'm a little bit of everything, all rolled into one. I'm a bitch, I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a mother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint (I do not feel ashamed) I'm your hell, I'm your dream (I'm nothing in between) You know, I wouldn't want it any other way..... (I'd like to think that song was written about me! lol)