Monday, October 5, 2009

So, I Might Just Be Wholesome Afterall.

A fairly new friend told me last week that he didn't believe me when I said the only thing fake about me is my nails. He claims "no one can be that..... wholesome!"

The word "wholesome" sorta stunned me at first because if he thought I was putting on some sort of persona for what ever reason, I was surprised he viewed it as being "wholesome." I have no one in this world that I need to impress except my children and my husband. I am a social person and I like to be liked but I certainly don't need to be liked. There is a difference. I want to be a role model for my kids but I don't try to be someone I'm not. I'd say I "found myself" way back when I was twenty-ish and haven't changed much since then. Either he doesn't know me well enough yet or he's just never met anyone like me. (I was born in the 70's hippy era so could that have an impact on who I am today? lol)

I was confused by what wholesome really meant so I looked it up. (I know..... loser!)
This is what I found on Merrium-Webster Online....

Main Entry: whole·some
Pronunciation: \ˈhōl-səm\
Function: adjective
Date: 13th century

1 : promoting health or well-being of mind or spirit
2 : promoting health of body
3 a : sound in body, mind, or morals b : having the simple health or vigor of normal domesticity


The more I look at these meanings, the more I realize it does describe me. It echos how I live my life. I'm not perfect, I have bad days, I have skeletons in my closet and I do get frustrated but generally speaking I try to be a positive person. I do not have a true hatred for anyone and I'm always looking to do things that are good for my soul. I don't know if these are the same qualities my new friend saw in me and doubted, but the more I think about it, I wonder if I might just be wholesome afterall, damn it!

About Me

My photo
Life-long Vegetarian and proud to be Canadian. Really, I'm a little bit of everything, all rolled into one. I'm a bitch, I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a mother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint (I do not feel ashamed) I'm your hell, I'm your dream (I'm nothing in between) You know, I wouldn't want it any other way..... (I'd like to think that song was written about me! lol)