Thursday, October 1, 2009
Vegetarian Pad Thai
Vegetarian Pad Thai Noodles
* 1 pound Asian-style rice noodles
* 1 / 4 cup soy sauce
* 1 / 2 cup lime juice
* 2 tablespoons peanut butter
* 2 tablespoons hot sauce
* 1 / 4 cup sugar
* 1 block tofu, diced
* 1 onion, diced
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 tbsp sesame oil
* 1 / 2 cup bean sprouts
* 1 / 4 cup chopped or crushed peanuts (optional)
* 4 green onions (scallions), sliced
Cook noodles according to package instructions.
Whisk together soy sauce, peanut butter, lime juice, hot sauce and sugar.
In a large wok or skillet, sautee tofu, onion and garlic in sesame oil for a minute or two, stirring frequently. Allow to cook for another minute or two.
Add cooked noodles and peanut butter and soy sauce mixture. Stir well, and allow sauce to thicken as it cooks for about 3 minutes. Top with peanuts, bean sprouts and green onions and serve hot. — Source: http://vegetarian. about.com
- Life-long Vegetarian and proud to be Canadian. Really, I'm a little bit of everything, all rolled into one. I'm a bitch, I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a mother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint (I do not feel ashamed) I'm your hell, I'm your dream (I'm nothing in between) You know, I wouldn't want it any other way..... (I'd like to think that song was written about me! lol)