Sunday, December 20, 2009

My Bridge

There are some people in my life who I know I was supposed to connect with in this life. One of those people is my friend Bridge. We met on the first day of college and we've been tight ever since. We're both really intuitive people and we can feel when things aren't right with one another, even if we haven't spoken in days.
Last night after dinner I had to lay down because I was feeling very overwhelmed with the thought of Christmas being only days away. I have such mixed emotions about this season as it is, so my anxiety got the best of me. I wasted the entire night in my bed thinking about how these next few days are going to look and worried about all that needs to be done. When I finally peeled myself out of bed this morning I got to it,  and told myself to get in the spirit for the love of my children. Everything has started to come together since then. I'm so fortunate to have such a wonderful husband. He helped me out with starting dinner, then took Callum to hockey.... two less things on my To Do List..... perfect.
While they were out I got a text message from Bridge out of the blue asking if everything is okay. But how did she know? How do we always know? She didn't send a text for any other reason except because she had a feeling something was up. She said all the right things to make me feel better....she has a very calming effect on me. Her voice and her words warms my soul every time I speak to her. She is one of those friends who tells me she loves me and I know she means it. I'm definitely feeling less overwhelmed now and am looking forward to having the 16 people I'm expecting for dinner this evening. As I set out my shiny happy silverware on the table, I thought about all the things Bridgette had said to me and it made my soul smile. She has the perfect name for someone who bridges chaos and calmness to create contentment. I love her as well, and I mean it too.

About Me

My photo
Life-long Vegetarian and proud to be Canadian. Really, I'm a little bit of everything, all rolled into one. I'm a bitch, I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a mother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint (I do not feel ashamed) I'm your hell, I'm your dream (I'm nothing in between) You know, I wouldn't want it any other way..... (I'd like to think that song was written about me! lol)