Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Twenty-Nine Years Ago Today....

Sarah McLachlan is the only person I'd say in the world who should be allowed to cover John Lennon. This version of Happy Christmas makes my heart warm. I grew up listening to John Lennon. He was a part of my childhood and influenced many of the artists who I appreciate now.
It was on this day 29 years ago that I remember my father coming home early from work absolutely horrified by the news of John Lennon's death. He was shot in New York City December 8th, 1980 so I would have been 5 years old at the time and I'll never forget my father's reactions that day.... I'll never forget how sad he was.
R.I.P. Mr. John Lennon
Burn in Hell Mark David Chapman.

About Me

My photo
Life-long Vegetarian and proud to be Canadian. Really, I'm a little bit of everything, all rolled into one. I'm a bitch, I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a mother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint (I do not feel ashamed) I'm your hell, I'm your dream (I'm nothing in between) You know, I wouldn't want it any other way..... (I'd like to think that song was written about me! lol)