Sunday, January 10, 2010

Makes My Soul Smile

Not everyone gets it when I say there are some people in this world who make my soul smile. It's a feeling I can't create myself but it can be re-experienced when I think of certain people who have made my world a brighter, more positive place. Sometimes it happens when I hear a heroic story, sometimes it's because of someone's actions when they handle certain situations in a good way. I've experienced it when I've spent time with children, old people, my husband and certain friends who have said the right thing at the right time. There is always a connection to my heart and then my soul smiles as a reaction to the warmth thats created. There are many things in this world that will make my heart melt but to make my soul smile is much bigger and doesn't happen as often. It's like going one step further, if that makes sense. It really isn't something that can be explained but when I read this quote I think it's one that describes what I sometimes mean when I say someone "makes my soul smile"....
"For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul." ~Judy Garland

About Me

My photo
Life-long Vegetarian and proud to be Canadian. Really, I'm a little bit of everything, all rolled into one. I'm a bitch, I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a mother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint (I do not feel ashamed) I'm your hell, I'm your dream (I'm nothing in between) You know, I wouldn't want it any other way..... (I'd like to think that song was written about me! lol)