Wednesday, March 24, 2010

McCruelty-I'm Hatin' It



Today I attended a PETA protest at McDonalds and I took my kids out of school a couple of hours early for it. They got on their adorable little PETA KIDS t-shirts and held those signs up with pride. Some might say it's wrong for me to expose my children to this information at such young ages but it's so amazing at how informed they really are already. Both boys were interviewed and gave answers that made this mama proud. Anything that is related to animal compassion should be taught to born and bread vegetarian children. It should be taught to ALL children and create some awareness around animal cruelty. Too many people turn a blind eye around this subject.




In my opinion, vegetarianism and animal rights activeness can be compared to religion. Billions and billions of parents around the world choose a certain religion for their children, then take them to a church/temple/gathering/whatever to expose them to their beliefs. The difference for me is, vegetarianism has actual facts standing behind the WHY we live the WAY we do.... When people ask me if I gave my kids a choice to be vegetarian, I ask them if they gave their kids a choice to be the religion they are. The conversation usually stops there. Perfect.

About Me

My photo
Life-long Vegetarian and proud to be Canadian. Really, I'm a little bit of everything, all rolled into one. I'm a bitch, I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a mother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint (I do not feel ashamed) I'm your hell, I'm your dream (I'm nothing in between) You know, I wouldn't want it any other way..... (I'd like to think that song was written about me! lol)