Wednesday, May 5, 2010

So In Sync

It's true that kids can be unpredictable. They are their own beings and have minds of their own. Since a very young age, I've tried to instill independence in my kids in hopes they will become capable & self-reliant individuals. They will take from life what they will, and I have no control over how they absorb the lessons or what they do with the information from there. Everyone's learning style is different. Everyone's interpretation of things varies.  As a parent, all I can do is offer the experiences.
I'm realizing as I raise my boys that they are very different from one another. I often don't understand Callum at all which makes parenting parenting, really. I love him dearly but he is very unpredictable to me. My oldest however, is just like me. Not only physically, but he is me personality wise and he learns how I learn.... through emotion. I feel like some days I can read his mind. I can feel what he is explaining to me before he even gets all the words out. I can see in his face when he's troubled and my heart crushes when he cries because I feel his pain. He wears his heart on his sleeve and I can read him like an open book. He can also sense when I'm having an off day. He and I are so in sync. He is my clone. My Mini-Me. And one of my two wonderful creations in this life.

About Me

My photo
Life-long Vegetarian and proud to be Canadian. Really, I'm a little bit of everything, all rolled into one. I'm a bitch, I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a mother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint (I do not feel ashamed) I'm your hell, I'm your dream (I'm nothing in between) You know, I wouldn't want it any other way..... (I'd like to think that song was written about me! lol)