Sunday, July 11, 2010

Cheddar & Onion Muffins

My good old and dear friend Cheri served these at her place with dinner one night. Amazing.
1 cup(250ml)shredded old Cheddar Cheese 
3 cups (750ml) all-purpose flour
2 tbsp(25ml) granulated sugar
4 tsp(20ml) bakingpowder
1 tsp(10ml) pepper
2 tsp(10ml) salt
1cup(250ml) milk
112cup(125ml) vegetable oil
112cup(125ml) sliced green onions
112cup(125ml) sour cream 

Preparation:
ln a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, pepper and salt. Stir in cheese.
Whisk together milk, oil, onions sour cream and eggs; pour over dry ingredients. Stir.
Spoon into greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Add cheddar on top.

Bake in centre of 375'F(190'C) oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until tops are firm to the touch and muffins are golden. (Make-ahead. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 1 day or wrap individually and freeze for up to 3 weeks.) Add in pureed broccoli, cauliflower & carrots and send them in the kids lunches as Meal Muffins!

About Me

My photo
Life-long Vegetarian and proud to be Canadian. Really, I'm a little bit of everything, all rolled into one. I'm a bitch, I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a mother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint (I do not feel ashamed) I'm your hell, I'm your dream (I'm nothing in between) You know, I wouldn't want it any other way..... (I'd like to think that song was written about me! lol)