Sunday, July 3, 2011

Caesar Salad Vegan Style

INGREDIENTS

    • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
    • 1/2 tsp. salt
    • 2 Tbs. blanched and ground almonds
    • 3 cloves garlic, minced
    • 3 Tbs. Dijon mustard
    • 3 Tbs. nutritional yeast flakes
    • 2 Tbs. soy sauce
    • 3 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
    • 1/4 cup water
    • 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil (optional)
    • 1 large head romaine lettuce, torn into large pieces

INSTRUCTIONS

Combine almonds, garlic, mustard, yeast flakes, soy sauce, lemon juice, water and oil if desired using a blender or food processor and process until smooth and well blended. To serve, toss together lettuce (croutons if desired) and dressing, and toss to coat. Serve right away. Keep it Gluten Free by not using croutons.



About Me

My photo
Life-long Vegetarian and proud to be Canadian. Really, I'm a little bit of everything, all rolled into one. I'm a bitch, I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a mother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint (I do not feel ashamed) I'm your hell, I'm your dream (I'm nothing in between) You know, I wouldn't want it any other way..... (I'd like to think that song was written about me! lol)