Friday, February 24, 2012

Double Digits

My son will be turning ten soon and entering the double digits of life. I know it sounds cliche but it really does only seem like yesterday that he was a newborn baby in his little glass hospital bed and completely dependent on me. Every decision in his life was made by us; his parents. He's growing up on me way too fast! As a Mom, it's crazy when you realize that every minute of everyday that you've spent with your child has made an impression on them. Everything you've said, done and decided will have had an impact on how they are living their lives and how they treat others.
Tomorrow this son of mine, my first born is going to his 'girlfriends' birthday party. I took him out this evening to pick out a gift and was amazed at the thought he put onto this present. As I watched him pick out her card and the heart necklace (heart necklace!!) I wondered to myself how much longer I can still consider him a child; before long he'll be making all decisions on his own. All I can do is hope that we as his parents have influenced him in such a way that he will make the ones that will make us proud. ..And so far so good.


- Posted from Jennifer's iPhone

About Me

My photo
Life-long Vegetarian and proud to be Canadian. Really, I'm a little bit of everything, all rolled into one. I'm a bitch, I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a mother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint (I do not feel ashamed) I'm your hell, I'm your dream (I'm nothing in between) You know, I wouldn't want it any other way..... (I'd like to think that song was written about me! lol)