Friday, August 24, 2012

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 6 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 6 tablespoons white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup natural peanut butter (it's saltier than some of the commercial brands)
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips (you can use semi-sweet but the milk just tastes better with the saltiness)
  • 1 pinch of love, the deepest kind you've got

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  2. Cream butter or margarine with brown sugar and white sugar. Add egg and vanilla. Mix well. Stir in peanut butter, baking soda, and salt. Make sure it is well blended. Add flour, chocolate chips and love.
  3. Drop teaspoons of cookie dough then flatten with fork slightly on greased cookie sheet. Bake for 6-7 minutes or until just showing a hint of brown on edges. Don't overcook. Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 -10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack. My father-in-law makes these for us and although this is pretty much the recipe he gave me to use (minus the love ingredient, I added that in but I'm pretty sure he secretly uses it too) I just can't seem to make them quite like he does.

About Me

My photo
Life-long Vegetarian and proud to be Canadian. Really, I'm a little bit of everything, all rolled into one. I'm a bitch, I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a mother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint (I do not feel ashamed) I'm your hell, I'm your dream (I'm nothing in between) You know, I wouldn't want it any other way..... (I'd like to think that song was written about me! lol)