Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Refried Beans, Done Right :)

Getting prepped this afternoon so I can leave dinner for the family before heading out to work -and Bean & Cheese Burritos it is. I made the beans from scratch and they taste wayyyy better than the canned stuff. They're worth the extra few minutes of time! If you don't have time to soak beans, just use drained canned pintos. I used my friends words of bean cooking advice to make these; fry garlic & onion until translucent in 3 tbsp ish of oil, then I added a vegetarian bouillon in a 1/4 cup of water and 4 cups of soft drained pinto beans into the oil. Stir and mash while they're hot. I might never used a pre-made can of Old El Paso again. Ever. 

About Me

My photo
Life-long Vegetarian and proud to be Canadian. Really, I'm a little bit of everything, all rolled into one. I'm a bitch, I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a mother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint (I do not feel ashamed) I'm your hell, I'm your dream (I'm nothing in between) You know, I wouldn't want it any other way..... (I'd like to think that song was written about me! lol)