Sunday, March 16, 2014

The First Day Of Our New Vegan Life

I grew up following a Vegetarian diet. I've written before on this blog about how I believe I was destined to be a veg head but I've never gone completely Vegan. I don't eat eggs, I don't drink milk, I don't wear leather or any animal skins for that mater, I only use Vegan cosmetics ..but I've never given up cheese or products containing dairy. I've been talking about doing it for a long time, but have never made the leap.
My son has eczema. A few weeks ago it was at it's worst and at first sight of seeing it so raw I made an appointment with a Naturopathic Doctor. She did some blood work which came back showing a very high sensitivity to dairy and to eggs. So the result is he must go Vegan for at least three months to test the impact that these foods truly have on his system. This was the push I needed. I'll follow his dietary restrictions with him for support and I'm confident this will change our lives in good ways! Day One.. here we go!

About Me

My photo
Life-long Vegetarian and proud to be Canadian. Really, I'm a little bit of everything, all rolled into one. I'm a bitch, I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a mother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint (I do not feel ashamed) I'm your hell, I'm your dream (I'm nothing in between) You know, I wouldn't want it any other way..... (I'd like to think that song was written about me! lol)