Sunday, June 8, 2014

Quality Meat Packers Has Finally Closed It's Doors!

Quality Meat Packers has shut it's doors! Quality Meat Packers has been around since 1914 and handled one quarter of Ontario's pork production killing 6000 pigs each day. This closure is a victory for any of us who have stood in the hot melting sun, the pouring rain and the cold snow in support of the Toronto and Hamilton/Burlington Pig Save groups at Maple Leaf/Fearmans slaughterhouse in Burlington or Quality Meat Packers in Toronto creating awareness surrounding the cruelties of Factory Farming while the pigs endure those same harsh elements. Our reason for being present is to bring peace to the animals in the horrible transporting conditions in which they await their death. For the first time in their lives they are given a sense of what love is before they are murdered for someone's meal.

To all of the volunteers who would meet many of the thirty trucks that would pull in there daily to give water and words of compassion to the pigs and who looked them directly in their innocent eyes, I say there is a sense of peace in the air for all those beings in knowing that there's one local slaughterhouse down. What we do, we do out of compassion. And what we do does matter.

About Me

My photo
Life-long Vegetarian and proud to be Canadian. Really, I'm a little bit of everything, all rolled into one. I'm a bitch, I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a mother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint (I do not feel ashamed) I'm your hell, I'm your dream (I'm nothing in between) You know, I wouldn't want it any other way..... (I'd like to think that song was written about me! lol)