Thursday, August 5, 2010

Vegetarian Thai Red Curry With Soy Chicken


2 tsp veg oil
1 small shallot or onion
4 cups of cut up Veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, sweet peppers, celery, mushrooms... whatever works)
1/2 cup frozen peas
2 vegetarian soy chicken-less breasts + 2 tsp veg oil
1 can of Coconut milk
2 tbsp Red Curry paste
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 chopped green chilies
Dash of salt
Chopped green onion to garnish
Rice noodles or brown rice

In a wok, stir fry the shallot/onion in 2tsp veg oil until transparent
Add in the mixed fresh veggies. Stir fry the veg but keep it crisp.

Fry the soy chicken-less breasts in 2 tsp veg oil until golden brown (about 3 minutes on each side)

In a separate sauce pan, simmer 1 can of coconut milk with the red curry paste over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add brown sugar, frozen peas and salt. Simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in chopped green chillies, then pour the sauce into the wok of vegetables and mix in. Cube the soy chicken-less breasts and add in. Prepare the rice noodles or rice according to the package directions and serve with the curry! Garnish with green onion. It's THAT simple : )

About Me

My photo
Life-long Vegetarian and proud to be Canadian. Really, I'm a little bit of everything, all rolled into one. I'm a bitch, I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a mother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint (I do not feel ashamed) I'm your hell, I'm your dream (I'm nothing in between) You know, I wouldn't want it any other way..... (I'd like to think that song was written about me! lol)