Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Gluten Free Vegetarian Baked Potato & Leek Soup

We sorta winged this one afternoon and it turned out to be pretty amazing!

2 carrots, peeled & diced
2 stalks of celery, diced
1 leek, chopped
1 clove of garlic, minced
2 raw potatoes, diced
2-3 tbsp vegetable oil
8 cups of vegetable stock
1 can of corn
6 baked potatoes, skins peeled off & diced
1 cup 35% heavy cream
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp garlic powder
Salt & Pepper to taste
Cornstarch mixture to thicken, if necessary

Sauté the carrots, celery, leek, garlic & raw potatoes in the vegetable oil. Add salt & pepper. Stir and cook until soft.... about 5-7 minutes
Add in the vegetable stock & corn & seasonings and boil for 45 minutes.
Puree the soup until blended together then add in heavy cream. Add in baked potatoes. Stir well, add salt & pepper to taste and serve.... with chives & cheddar cheese if you like chives & cheese!

About Me

My photo
Life-long Vegetarian and proud to be Canadian. Really, I'm a little bit of everything, all rolled into one. I'm a bitch, I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a mother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint (I do not feel ashamed) I'm your hell, I'm your dream (I'm nothing in between) You know, I wouldn't want it any other way..... (I'd like to think that song was written about me! lol)