Saturday, September 29, 2012

I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends

Recently I learned some unexpected news. It's not 'bad' news but it is the life changing, what-the-hell-happens-now sort of news and I shared it with my Girlfriends last week at our Girls Night Out over our first glass of wine. And the conversation continued about it until many more glasses of wine were consumed and the restaurant was ready to close ..and we had to leave.
I've been friends with these girls since childhood; I was eleven when we all met. They know me well; too well sometimes!
It was obvious to them this news was upsetting for me to share and since then everyday at least one of them have been in touch in one form or another to ensure I'm ok. They've all reached out with offers on what they can do to help and have given me reason to believe everything is going to be ok. I absolutely love these ladies. I have other friends outside of this closely knit group who have been equally as supportive individually and I can feel the love flowing in, making my news a little lighter to handle. I get by with a little help from my friends. And I'm very fortunate to have these people in my life.
Fab Five: Neeru, Jill, Cheri, Me, Laura

About Me

My photo
Life-long Vegetarian and proud to be Canadian. Really, I'm a little bit of everything, all rolled into one. I'm a bitch, I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a mother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint (I do not feel ashamed) I'm your hell, I'm your dream (I'm nothing in between) You know, I wouldn't want it any other way..... (I'd like to think that song was written about me! lol)