Saturday, December 31, 2011

Hello 2012, I'm Ready For You.

So it's Saturday December 31st, 2011 and I'm up at six o'colock in the morning because I can't sleep. New Years has always been one of my most favourite times of the year and I'm most excited about this year in particular. I have plans. I have real immediate plans and I have plans to make plans for the more distant future. Plans that will have an positive impact on my life and hopefully on others as well. Plans that will feed my soul the energy it craves by doing something profound, something that will make a difference to someone in this world. Something that will matter. I'm also ready to accept what once was, is no longer. Without the closure I deserve but never recieved I've stuggled with moving on from a long time friendship that ended early in the year. I'll never understand fully how that came to be but it is what it is and I owe it to myself to just get over it. I've also experienced a taste of what the 'Empty Nest Syndrome' will be like with the phasing out of my home daycare in 2011. I ran it successfully for six straight years but as of June the children were of age to be in school full time; and they don't need me anymore. There are all kinds of stories and photos and posts here on this Blog and on my Facebook Wall about the appreciation I have for the kids I spent so much of my life with all of those years. It's sort of ironic because it was my job to teach them, ... however I learned so much from them about myself and my gratitude for that cannot be described in words; only felt in my heart. But ..they've grown up now. Which leaves no reason at all why I shouldn't do the same and just get on with it. In 2012 I'll accept what once was, is no longer. (well, I promise to try to) Looking ahead, and in the spirit of making New Years Resolutions, here are mine: I'll minimalize, de-clutter and do a full house cleanse of 'stuff' that we don't need in hopes it'll get me organized in a way that leaves for more quality time in my family life. I'll keep loving my friends. I'll continue to stand up for the rights of animals and for the rights of our human race. I'll be smarter with money this year; I'll think before I spend. I'll cook more this year, and use all my wicked vegan cookbooks my sister & Patty have bought for me over the last few years. (and maybe shed some pounds in the process! ..maybe) Overall, throughout every plan I make, for every interaction I encounter and for all the resolutions I create in this coming year, I'll keep true to myself. I look back with no regrets and ahead with a clear mind. Hello 2012, I'm ready for you. Cheers!

About Me

My photo
Life-long Vegetarian and proud to be Canadian. Really, I'm a little bit of everything, all rolled into one. I'm a bitch, I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a mother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint (I do not feel ashamed) I'm your hell, I'm your dream (I'm nothing in between) You know, I wouldn't want it any other way..... (I'd like to think that song was written about me! lol)