Sometimes in our busy busy lives we don't always have the time to stop and smell the roses. It's reality. The other day as I was running around my house trying to tidy up and get organized before heading out for a busy day of errands, I heard Carter say "Mom! Mom!" Without looking up at him I responded with one of those can't you see I'm in the middle of something here "What is it Carter??!!"
He didn't say anything back and so I looked up to see him smiling in front of me with one hand behind his back....... "Here Mom, I picked this for you!"
And then I melted.
And thats when I remembered we're supposed to stop and smell the roses once in awhile. The rest of the housework waited while he and I spent the next few minutes chatting about how beautiful the flower is and how sweet he is for picking it for me.