Saturday, May 4, 2013

'Sew Hungry' ~Ottawa Street May 3rd 2013






I'm a believer in supporting the little guys, the independent business in our community but when thirty-nine Food Trucks from Hamilton and our surrounding area line up along Ottawa Street it makes it really difficult to choose just who you're gonna buy from. I'm drawn to The Portobello Burger in particular as they offer all Vegetarian/Vegan grub but so many of the other guys have Veggie Tacos, Gourmet Grilled Cheese and Veggie Sandwiches that cater to vegheads like me as well as a ton of deserts to choose from various trucks. Here you'll see my Eggplant Parm and Kale Salad. I left there feeling 'Sew' full that I couldn't manage to fit in that cupcake I had my heart set on devouring from Sweetness Bakery; maybe because I had stuffed my face with Tiny Toms Donuts after hoovering back my lunch! To read more about the event see The Spec's article with a description of each vendor and if you're from the local area and didn't get out to this one you might want to check it out next time!







Kale Salad and Eggplant Parm from The Portobello Burger
Tiny Tom's Donuts



About Me

My photo
Life-long Vegetarian and proud to be Canadian. Really, I'm a little bit of everything, all rolled into one. I'm a bitch, I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a mother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint (I do not feel ashamed) I'm your hell, I'm your dream (I'm nothing in between) You know, I wouldn't want it any other way..... (I'd like to think that song was written about me! lol)