Saturday, April 12, 2014

Creamy Vegan Ranch Dressing

Following a Vegan diet has been far easier than I thought it might be but there are a few things that I miss! I made an attempt at recreating a ranch dressing/dip vegan style and after a few taste tests and alterations I managed to get one that my son loves to dip his cheeseless pizza into :)

1 cup vegan mayo (grapeseed flavour is good!)
1/4 cup raw unsalted cashews, rinsed
1/4 cup unsweetened almond or soy milk
1 tablespoon dill pickle juice (lovvvve Strubbs)
1 teaspoon onion powder
2 teaspoon parsley
2 teaspoons dill weed
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt

I should write ish after each of these ingredients because I did adjust afterwards with a little more of each of the spices ..but this is a good base then do whatever tastes best to you. To make it more of a dip than a dressing just change out the almond milk for more vegan mayo.

Blend everything together in a food processor until it's smooth but note you'll probably end up with a few chunks of cashews through it ..but does it really matter?! We now have VEGAN RANCH DRESSING!! Adjust as necessary to taste. Too thick? Add some more almond milk. Too thin? A little more mayo will thicken it up. Hooray for being able to eat creamy dressing again!


About Me

My photo
Life-long Vegetarian and proud to be Canadian. Really, I'm a little bit of everything, all rolled into one. I'm a bitch, I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a mother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint (I do not feel ashamed) I'm your hell, I'm your dream (I'm nothing in between) You know, I wouldn't want it any other way..... (I'd like to think that song was written about me! lol)