Monday, February 15, 2010

You Want It All But You Can't Have It

Epic-Faith No More
Can you feel it, see it, hear it today?
If you can't, then it doesn't matter anyway
You will never understand it 'cause it happens too fast
And it feels so good, it's like walking on glass
It's so cool, it's so hip, it's alright
It's so groovy, it's outta sight
You can touch it, smell it, taste it so sweet
But it makes no difference 'cause it knocks you off your feet
You want it all but you can't have it
It's cryin', bleedin', lying on the floor
So you lay down on it and you do it some more
You've got to share it, so you dare it
Then you bare it and you tear it
You want it all but you can't have it
It's in your face but you can't grab it
It's alive, afraid, a lie, a sin
It's magic, it's tragic, it's a loss, it's a win
It's dark, it's moist, it's a bitter pain
It's sad it happened and it's a shame
You want it all but you can't have it
It's in your face but you can't grab it
What is it?
It's it
What is it?...
This song has such meaning to me even though it's such an odd song. Over the years, I've heard people say Mike Patton has said it's about masturbation.... I've also heard he says it should be up to your own interpretation of what it means to you. The song has always brought back memories. My best childhood friend had a brother Scott who was like a brother to me. He was in a band called Gleet and they covered this song whenever they played at places such as Manhattan Rocks. On New Years Day 1994, he was in a car accident and was the only one in the vehicle who didn't survive. Everytime I hear this song I think of him. And not because of the words, but because he sang it.
I have my own interpretation of this song and it's nothing to do with masturbation or drugs or losing ones virginity which are other interpretations I've heard about. The words are so literal to me now.... and I know why I never really "got" them before.
I don't want to want what I haven't got... I already have it all.

About Me

My photo
Life-long Vegetarian and proud to be Canadian. Really, I'm a little bit of everything, all rolled into one. I'm a bitch, I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a mother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint (I do not feel ashamed) I'm your hell, I'm your dream (I'm nothing in between) You know, I wouldn't want it any other way..... (I'd like to think that song was written about me! lol)