Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Dirty Buzz Lightyear

Our doctors office has a kids corner with lots of interesting toys to keep the children occupied while they wait. My children have known since day 1 they are not supposed to play in there but Carter has always been drawn to the Buzz Lightyear toy. It has been there since before my boys were even ever a thought. When he was 3 all he wanted from Santa was a Buzz Lightyear just like it and he got it. I thought that would be the end of him ever even considering to play with the one in the doctors office. It has been referred to as "The Dirty Buzz" for as long as I can remember. Imagine how germ infested those toys must be. Only sick children are playing with them! But nope! Every time we visit it is the first thing he looks for. Here he is at 7 years old at the doctors office once again holding Buzz Lightyear even though his is at home, forgotten about and broken. But it never fails, the first thing he says when we get there is "Mom, pleeease can I play with the Dirty Buzz Lightyear?" As the saying goes, "the dirtiest toys are the best loved."

About Me

My photo
Life-long Vegetarian and proud to be Canadian. Really, I'm a little bit of everything, all rolled into one. I'm a bitch, I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a mother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint (I do not feel ashamed) I'm your hell, I'm your dream (I'm nothing in between) You know, I wouldn't want it any other way..... (I'd like to think that song was written about me! lol)