Sunday, August 16, 2009

Stop and Smell The Roses, Mom!


Sometimes in our busy busy lives we don't always have the time to stop and smell the roses. It's reality. The other day as I was running around my house trying to tidy up and get organized before heading out for a busy day of errands, I heard Carter say "Mom! Mom!" Without looking up at him I responded with one of those can't you see I'm in the middle of something here "What is it Carter??!!"

He didn't say anything back and so I looked up to see him smiling in front of me with one hand behind his back....... "Here Mom, I picked this for you!"

And then I melted.

And thats when I remembered we're supposed to stop and smell the roses once in awhile. The rest of the housework waited while he and I spent the next few minutes chatting about how beautiful the flower is and how sweet he is for picking it for me.


About Me

My photo
Life-long Vegetarian and proud to be Canadian. Really, I'm a little bit of everything, all rolled into one. I'm a bitch, I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a mother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint (I do not feel ashamed) I'm your hell, I'm your dream (I'm nothing in between) You know, I wouldn't want it any other way..... (I'd like to think that song was written about me! lol)