Friday, December 11, 2009

The Work Holiday Party

I like going to our work Christmas Party because I'm a people watcher. I love to see how they interact with each other and study their behaviours. Some show up ready to party the night away while others appear to just want to get the night over with and get home again. Sometimes you get a glimpse of what people are really like outside of work and it's kinda cool. I also love to dance. I mean like high school slow dance, not bust-a-move on the dance floor kinda dance. My husband seldom dances (sometimes at a wedding if I'm lucky) and so it's only at such occasions that I have this opportunity. It's one of the few moments in life where everything sorta goes still for an entire 4ish minutes.... it's just me, someone kind enough to dance with me (as I hold my breath hoping he won't feel the line of my Spanx when he puts his hands at my back.... damn pregnancies) and the music. I don't usually dance at all at my work party but I enjoy watching who is dancing with who. It's especially entertaining to watch who goes home with who when it's all over. I always keep in mind it's still business even though they call it a "party". I can guarantee I'm not the only People Watcher in the room and so I'm very predictable and always on my best behaviour at these types of functions. And every year I go home with the same guy.... even if he doesn't ask me to dance.

About Me

My photo
Life-long Vegetarian and proud to be Canadian. Really, I'm a little bit of everything, all rolled into one. I'm a bitch, I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a mother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint (I do not feel ashamed) I'm your hell, I'm your dream (I'm nothing in between) You know, I wouldn't want it any other way..... (I'd like to think that song was written about me! lol)