Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Inner Peace

I had a conversation with friends on the weekend on Inner Peace. Clearly they haven't spent nearly enough time contemplating what that might mean to them as there were a few jokes made about it and of course "Jenn thinks too much" blah blah blah.

I believe Inner Peace means something different to everyone. For me, it's all about balance, boundries, fulfillment and gratitude amongst other things. It's an experience of knowing oneself and it can only come from within. Filling your mind with positive thoughts, living with simplicity & gratitude and being aware of how you and your actions impact this world, can all contribute to creating this state of consciousness..... in my opinion anyways.

My beautiful friend Susie, sent me this email today....

INNER PEACE

I am passing this on to you because it definitely worked for me today, and we
all could probably use more calm in our lives! Some doctor on the TV this
morning said that the way to achieve inner peace is to finish all the things you
have started. So I looked around my house to see things I'd started and hadn't
finished and, before leaving the house this morning, I finished off a bottle of
Merlot, a bottle of shhhardonay, a bodle of Baileys, abutle of vocka, a pockage
of Pringlies, the res of the Chesescke a n a box a chocolets. Yu haf no idr ow
frigin gud I fel. Peas sen dis orn to anyy yu fee ar in ned ov inr pece.

So, she passed it onto me. Nice. I have wonderful friends. Hilarious, they are.... spiritual they are not.


About Me

My photo
Life-long Vegetarian and proud to be Canadian. Really, I'm a little bit of everything, all rolled into one. I'm a bitch, I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a mother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint (I do not feel ashamed) I'm your hell, I'm your dream (I'm nothing in between) You know, I wouldn't want it any other way..... (I'd like to think that song was written about me! lol)