Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sweet Pepper Soup

INGREDIENTS

4 tbsp butter (I use Earth Balance)
1 onion finely chopped
2 stalks of celery finely chopped
2 yellow bell peppers
2 red bell peppers
2 tbsps chopped parsley
1 tsp chervil
4 tbsp flour (or to keep it gluten free, I use the equivalent in cornstarch/water mix)
9 cups of vegetable stock
Salt, Pepper & Paprika to taste
5 tbsp of heavy cream (if I make it to freeze I don't add the cream until it's thawed & heated through)

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Heat butter in a large pot over low heat. Add onion, cover & cook 4 minutes.
2. Stir in celery, cook another 5 minutes.
3. Add peppers, season & add parsley, chervil & paprika. Cover & cook 5 minutes over medium heat.
4. Mix in flour, cook 3 minutes on low heat uncovered.
5. Pour in stock & mix well. Bring to a boil & reduce heat to medium. Cook 20 minutes partly covered, then puree. Incorporate cream & serve!

About Me

My photo
Life-long Vegetarian and proud to be Canadian. Really, I'm a little bit of everything, all rolled into one. I'm a bitch, I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a mother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint (I do not feel ashamed) I'm your hell, I'm your dream (I'm nothing in between) You know, I wouldn't want it any other way..... (I'd like to think that song was written about me! lol)