Friday, August 26, 2011

Vegan 'Chicken' Noodle Soup

INGREDIENTS
4 cups no-chicken broth
1/2 cup baby carrots, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
1 stalk celery, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
1/2 tsp. granulated onion
3 oz. dry fettuccine, broken into 2-inch pieces (about 1/2 cup)
2 1/2 Tbs. plain TVP bits
2 green onions, thinly sliced (about 1/3 cup)
1 Tbs. minced fresh parsley
INSTRUCTIONS
1. Combine broth, carrots, celery and onion in large saucepan over medium-high heat, and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low, and stir in fettuccine. Simmer, partially covered, 15 minutes. Stir in TVP and green onions.
2. Cook 5 minutes more, or until vegetables and noodles are tender. Remove from heat, stir in parsley, and season with salt and pepper.

About Me

My photo
Life-long Vegetarian and proud to be Canadian. Really, I'm a little bit of everything, all rolled into one. I'm a bitch, I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a mother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint (I do not feel ashamed) I'm your hell, I'm your dream (I'm nothing in between) You know, I wouldn't want it any other way..... (I'd like to think that song was written about me! lol)